Ramzan or Ramadan is a month of piety and purity. While the fasting cleanses the body and soul, Iftar is definitely a time for connecting with friends and family and sharing a warm meal. Today we share this fantastic recipe of Tawa Masala Pomfret from Courtyard Downtown, Gurugram's contemporary yet modish restaurant - Downtown Kitchen.
The restaurant showcases cuisine cooked home – style specially crafted by Chef Saroj who literally threw open a challenge for his staff to get recipes from their own homes, ranging from vegetarian dishes like Kathal ke Kebab, Soya Chaap to Non vegetarian delicacies like Tandoori Murgh, Tawa Masala Pomfred, Nalli ki Nahari and much more. So here is the first in a series of recipes we will share:
Tawa Masala Pomfret
Priced at: - 895 INR
Silver Pomfret 2 small(500gm)
Lemon wedges 4
Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
· Marinate the Pomfret with ginger garlic paste & other above spices.
· Cook the Pomfret on Tawa.
· Meanwhile make gravy with onion, tomato & other Indian spices.
· Place the gravy on the top of cooked of Pomfret.
· Garnish with lemon & spiced onions.